As a result of digital transformation it was predicted that the usage of paper is going to be dramatically reduced. That didn’t happen. Instead demand for paper is expected to actually double before 2030.
Why reduce paper consumption?
- In order to produce 1 tone of paper, you need 17 big trees, 26 thousands of liters of water, 4000 kWh of power supply and 240 liters of fuel,
- 45% of all produced paper is thrown away the same day after printing,
- 50% of businesses waste is paper only,
- An average person produces throughout his life over 160 kilograms of paper waste,
- 93% of paper comes from trees,
- An average tree produces enough oxygen for 3 people to breathe.
Why should we replace receipt with e-Receipt everywhere?
– Receipts kill trees and hurt the environment
In the US 9,6 mil. trees are cut down each year just to produce paper receipts, which gives us around 63% of all trees cut for paper use.
The amount of CO2 gas that is emitted during the production of one ton of receipt paper is equivalent to the amount of emission of one car while driving for an entire year.
– Receipt paper (thermal paper) is harmful to humans
Thermal paper is coated with a layer of phenol called Bisphenol A (BPA). BPA has been proven to cause reproductive defects in fetuses, infants, children, and adults as well as cancer, metabolic, and immune problems in rodents. BPA levels from receipts are much higher than exposures from food packaging or plastic.
– Receipt paper (thermal paper) cannot be recycled
The thermal paper receipts should be disposed rather than recycled to limit the environmental release of Bisphenol A (BPA).
E-receipt as a solution using CUBE App:
– eliminates the exposure of customers and retailers to chemicals (BPA, BPS) present in thermal paper receipts,
– reduces cut trees, energy and water – healthier air and environment for the rest of our lives and for our children
– eliminates the exposure of human health in production process, when working with chemicals
– cut the cost of manufacturing and utilization of paper
The introduction of electronic receipts in accordance with the regulations is promoted by the Ministry of Development. This is also supported by the Ministry of Finance.
Soon we plan to release.
In CUBE we believe that businesses can effectively contribute to the reduction of global harmful waste, and thrive. There is no reason to delay this process any further. This is why we accelerate our efforts to deliver our CUBE App soon. We invite you to join our move by being the first who downloads our CUBE App. We’ll keep you posted.